More than half of Spaniards suffer from oral problems, so specialists advise us to follow proper oral hygiene and perform periodic check-ups in order to detect any problem of gums, inner mucous membranes of the mouth, lips and to know how important it is. Protect and take care to prevent aches and diseases that can be very unpleasant for us.
For this the advice of Dentist Armillary are:
- To keep your teeth healthy, you have to give daily dedication brushing after each meal for 2-3 minutes, so we avoid the accumulation of food that form the bacterial plaque, better so if we use complementary dental floss and mouthwashes, do not forget that once a year you have to perform oral hygiene with your dentist.
- Reduce your consumption of sugars, since it increases your plaque accumulation, therefore the risk of decay.
- Reduce excessive intake of very cold or very hot food because the contrast of temperatures in your mouth makes it more sensitive.
- Smoking encourages the appearance of plaque in the mouth, in addition to yellowing the teeth, with a predisposition to lose them, thus promoting the risk of both oral and general diseases.
- The consumption of medication such as: antibiotics, analgesics, antihistamine contraceptive pills, tranquilizers, antidepressants for a long time the amount of saliva decreases, thus leaving your mouth more unprotected with more incidence to create cavities.
- You must replace your brush every 3 months as they wear out, get dirty and once their stipulated time of use has passed, they do not perform their same function.
- Avoid the dyes that stain the teeth.
- Make annual visits to the dentist, to make sure that everything is going well or there is something to treat
- Keep your teeth aligned, because not only for aesthetics but also influences dental health
- Maintain a balanced Mediterranean diet.